Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The joy of planting a tree

The tree above? 

Believe it or not, this is the tree that I had planted as a student of Norbuling Primary School in Gelephu. It was June 2 in 1995. I was very happy to see my plant growing so strong and tall during my visit to the school last February. It made me dizzy with excessive pride.

You know what? I felt so excited that I spent my entire afternoon, beneath it, under its shade. I hugged it, ran around it, climbed on it, held its branches, and felt and smelt its leaves. More excitingly, I remembered my childhood days, a part of my life, in this school.  

9 comments:

  1. Wow. U did it. So proud of u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have written this blog from underneath that Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree made you look so old. Of course it must grown so fast! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree has grown fast, I am also old now.

      Delete
  4. Very great sir...a proud moment for that little Riku who planted the tree and I am sure the tree must have been happy to see you grown up too!!! Hehe..:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish it could be like that, Kinley. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I can imagine how proud you must be feeling at this very moment of your life.

    ReplyDelete