Saturday, February 28, 2015

Of my marriage

This seems like a good time to mention something else, something that was never written on this blog of mine before. It’s my marriage; indeed, I got married. I know that it surprises you, but even it has come as big surprise to me. 
Marriage was a distant call of my life just a few months before. And I was simply wondering I would ever get married. Even if I do, then I was wondering who she be, how she looks and from where. But today, here I’m, married; in fact, I’ve no idea how it came to be. Perhaps I’m right where I need to be at this moment, in my rightful place.
Sometimes life intervenes, anyway. To me, it seems like life chose this marriage, this wife for me. We married in less than two months. We didn’t have to think about or make any choices about it because we knew what we are about and what we wanted of this life.

Above all, this marriage is largely arranged one, on both sides. Even bigger surprise, isn’t it? However, the actual ceremony of marriage and wedding are yet to happen.

It gives me strange mixed feelings - of surprise and happiness, of sadness and excitement, of grief and love. This is normal feelings. Maybe. Marriage means lots of sacrifices and coming together – from being me and you, to becoming us.

Few years back, I read in a book these beautiful lines of life and marriage and it goes,

Life is a journey and marriage is the second phase. Only this time it is not one person walking alone but two special persons walking together.
The spring (my favourite season) is a good time of the year to start new things, so we are just walking in this new phase of life, in a new frame of mind. We’d walk this life’s journey ever together creating millions of tiny memories and discovering happiness that one cannot find alone.
“Marriage doesn’t make you happy – you make your marriage happy.”
-Drs. Les & Leslie Parrott

41 comments:

  1. Once again congratulation. And wish you a long life together with dozen of kids around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gyembo, thanks loads for the wishes and I am happy with your comment here.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations. Hope you live happily forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kadrinchela Dumcho and hope to see you soon in Bhutan.

      Delete
  3. Congratulation Riku Sir :)
    Sooo happy to know that you found your Love. Marriage is another phase of life. AGREED!!!

    With Best Wishes
    Yeshi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, I am happy that you dropped by this site and left a comment. Thank you Yeshi.

      Delete
  4. Dear Riku, As a friend since our time at Sherubtse and now as a colleague in the same ministry, i am glad to see you entering into the another upper phase of your life. I wish you a happy, prosperous and progressive married life. Tasha Delek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Phurba, we are friends since our college time and you are such a wonderful person. Thank you for the wishes and I wish you all the lucks in your studies.

      Delete
  5. Oh...finally you have decided to step in that circle. I was wondering when you'll get married. Hope you two will have a happy life ahead. And again hope you will blog as often as before you being married. Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I stepped into the marriage, I hope that I can write often and share with you here. Anyways, thank you Sherab.

      Delete
  6. many many congrats dai...! n yea bowju is b... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dhan; have a beautiful day ahead!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations sir. Buddha bless you two. :) And miss Subba is beautiful la.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy here; thank you Sonam for your kind words.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your marriage la sir. Have a happy married life. I see your decision is worth it. You have a beautiful wife la.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kadrinche Sherub; indeed, I would take you comment seriously. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  9. Hi Riks, As I had suggested to u earlier, I had been waiting for this wonderful revelation. I am really glad to see one of your New Year resolutions getting fulfilled now. I was wondering when u would decide to settle down. Congratulations for this sacred achievement. I wish u both a great success ahead. We hope to see your junior soon. lol! I share the joy of your new journey of life....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amrith Sir for sharing this revelation and joy with me. Indeed, I need to learn lots from you about the marriage and happiness. Hope to read more from you, have a lovely day ahead!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations, and wishing you a happy married blissful life ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations la Riku Sir... :)
    New and sweet chapter of your life has begun... happy married life ahead...
    May god bless both of you _/\_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rupa. As always, stay beautiful and keep writing.

      Delete
  12. Big Tashi Delek ........... and we are eagerly waiting for your grand marriage party ........

    Be a caring, loving, understanding husband .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely invite for the ceremony, thank you Deki.

      Delete
  13. Tashi Delek la. A happy life ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations sir. Hope you have a very happy and fulfilling married life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wishes, Wangden. Keep in touch and see you soon.

      Delete
  15. Tashi Delek sirji and hope it takes your life to whole new level of happiness and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let it be so, Sogyel. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  16. I am one of the Happiest persons besides your family because you finally got married. He he he Many congratulations to you buddy. Life will be different, beautiful and more meaningful, of course there are those things too... needless to say...you experience it yourself.
    If sometimes you don't make it to a bloggers meet, we will understand why ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Passu for sharing this happiness of mine with me. I really hope that life would be different, most importantly more meaningful one. I am sure that I could make it to the meets; if can't, then you guys have to understand.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Thank you Leoparsica, the forest man. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  18. So happy for you, Riku. Tashi Delek once again, virtually. Welcome to the married gang, finally.

    ReplyDelete