Thursday, December 31, 2015

End is a new beginning

I’ve thought long on what to write for today. For, you know it, it’s New Year and this post should be special. As it was our belief, so was I wanted this year ends with a perfect post.   
Thimphu
Once and for all, 2015 had been an important year to me. Like you, I had started the year with a new frame of mind, loud and with conviction. Three ambitious resolutions were asserted; however, I could fulfill only one, marriage. To study abroad and to write a book are still due, huh.

Which is why, I learned to rest my expectations sometimes. It feels good to kick start the year ambitiously. Yet, it’s important to release our imperfections and turn our attentions to what is right and true. Because what we do really is never enough; nothing is. Same with this post, I can never make it perfect. Same with the year, it can be never perfect.

Actually I was overwhelmed at the way 2015 has treated me. I’ve blogged the year-round and continued to stay in tune writing. Finally, I’m realizing the impact of writing online.

I’ve read many books and some of them were so moving and heart-wrenching. They inspired me a lot - understood the power of words, books. To mention a few: Murakami’s ‘1Q84’, and Markus Zusak’s ‘The Book Thief’.   
With my niece
This year, I’ve focused more on my family, siblings, relatives and close friends mostly spending good time with them. The world is full of weird things and is fragile too. All we have is who we have, isn’t it? And I feel better and happier when I’m with my beloved ones.

Moreover, I’ve started to embrace the faith, understanding the role of holiness and blessings in my life. It took me close to God and goodness.   

Surprisingly though, 2015 hit me by a wave of change and grief, continuously limning through my life, throughout the year. Marriage happened early this year and then grief engulfed me. And then I had changed my workplace and another grief had hit me hard. I missed those life and comforts I used to enjoy. I missed my former office, colleagues, youth and their laughter there.

However, they taught me that anytime we move from stage of life to another. The way of life, it is. And there is grief ensuing us. Indeed, we can’t grab on to something new without letting go. But it’s this grief that propelled me forward in life.  
Today is New Year’s Eve. Oh goodness, how come? I ask again and again in disbelief and feeling a twinge of sadness. The wood female sheep year was so close to my heart and I want to hold on to it forever. I really don’t want to walk out of it.

Enough now though. This year’s experience of change and grief taught me a lot. I cannot walk a new road if I don’t let go of this one. I cannot step into the new year and live it, if I don’t let go this year. Indeed, end is a new beginning. And here I embrace you, 2016.

Happy New Year!

10 comments:

  1. You are a special and talented blogger here in your country who expresses well in thoughts. You are honest and practical with yourself to know what to focus and embrace besides not to put too high expectations. We often need breathing space for ourselves in everything. The Buddhism often taught one to take the middle paths and I think that is the wisest & safe practice.

    I always enjoy reading your blogs that often come with mind blowing photos that speak a thousand words. Just like today, the photo of your niece pulling her handsome uncle up!!! It is a happy and caring scene that warms our hearts.

    Here's wishing you again from Malaysia, a Warm Happy New Year Riku.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kadrinche la Twilight Man. Your comment is very encouraging and mean a lot for a person like me who loves writing. Enjoy your day and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Big thumbs up sir for the well written thoughts for the year. Like you have stated I too do possess similar instances where I could achieve one and that is no other than my marriage and many inline and many would unfold soon. Thanks for sharing ur exposure la...i wish you happy new year 2016 wll...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sancha for the wonderful comment. Happy New Year to you and keep wriitng.

      Delete
  3. As always well done my friend for a great write up. I want to tell you one thing. It is imperfections of everything around us that makes our life exciting. If we have perfect things around us, life will become monotonous, soulless and artificial. So, let's not strive for perfections and enjoy the excitement of imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gyembo, what you said very true. You are a storehouse of humility and wisdom. I admire you a lot. Thanks lots for the comment and a wonderful year ahead.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for leaving something to read on your blog every few days . I feel i read a lot this year just because of your blog.Happy New year & Keep Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just flattered by your comment, Dawa. Indeed, I am happy to know it from you. Thank you and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. As always, this is a great post just on the even of New Year! As Twilightman has said, u r truly a man of great thoughts and words. Your posts are always impressive. We miss u here in the office but I know u have made the right choice. We will catch up every now and then. I wish u a very happy New Year 2016! I hope u would be able to fulfil the remaining two resolutions of last year this year. I wish u the best of luck for your upcoming endeavours and dreams.

    ReplyDelete