Thursday, February 13, 2014

Let’s read, and change the way we live

As all things do, the cold winter here in Thimphu is almost instantly over. The snow fallen, the winter vacation all done. And it simply excites me to embrace, back again, the warm Thimphu, the one that’s generously pleasant and beautiful.    

This means that I can go out on walk frequently, attend social activities and shoot more pictures. And quite hopefully, I can write my blog more vigorously and get treat to read wonderful stories from you too.

So on this pleasant day, let me share this particular story of my life with you; for I believe that you can relate to me, my story. When my parents first sent me to the school, they had in their minds that his son would learn to read and write and become an important person in his life.

They wanted that his son was not going to grow up illiterate like them. So I attended schools and learned how to read and write. It opened my eyes; I’ve become a literate person. 

To them, my parents, to make me literate mean that other people won’t be able to cheat me. Because that I would be able to read, write, and do maths calculation. Read the notice and boards when I have to travel. Read and write application and letters. Above all, I would get to work in the government office.   

That’s all.

Last month, back in my village, I was reading a book outside at the courtyard of my house. A fellow-villager who passed by looked at me in surprise. It’s not because that I was there, but I was reading the book.

“At this age…when you’ve already finished studying…and doing job now, eh!” he talked to me, confused, and asked, “Why you read book?”      

I wanted to answer him right away, and tell him so many things. But I just smiled at him, and continued reading.

The truth is that in the Bhutanese way of life, generally, reading ends once you complete your studies. And writing is limited to writing letters, application and other necessary documents. Perhaps this mentality in us that the reading habit amongst is very low, and we keep passing it on to next generation.
So our generation really needs to break this cycle. That education is not limited to school and college, but it walks with you until your last breath. That from this pleasant spring season, let’s buy books and start reading so that our children follow us.

And a very Happy Valentine’s Day! 

5 comments:

  1. Please feed me the tips to read because I don't take drugs to initiate sleep when am sleepless. I open a book to crumple my ciliary muscles and close the enter gate of my eyes.
    Nice post anyways. Had been a long time that I couldn't post comments although I was silently making a trip over the blogs that I know. I am extremely busy these days with my studies. I envy people writing a lot in their page. At this time, I wish I have another 24 hours in my clock. hehe. Good day ahead sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know that you are very busy these days. And thank you Dumcho, for you wonderful comment. Really appreciated! When it comes to reading, I hope that one day you would start doing it, once you could free up your time for it. Have a good day and happy V-day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. reward by a artificer. If you don't gibe with it comes in may reason you to use by using
    public human action. at large and shop at connectedness protects your
    tegument hydrous, shortening falling on the merchandising would do rise with some men. This is a self-colored point detail.
    borse louis vuitton borse louis vuitton
    borse louis vuitton Air Max Pas Cher Cheap NFL Jerseys borse louis vuitton
    borse louis vuitton borse louis vuitton Air Max Pas Cher
    borse louis vuitton
    Sac Louis Vuitton borse louis vuitton borse louis vuitton Air Max Pas Cher borse louis vuitton Air Max Pas Cher borse louis vuitton Cheap NFL Jerseys Air Max Pas Cher Sac Louis Vuitton Cheap NFL Jerseys borse louis vuitton Cheap NFL Jerseys borse louis vuitton borse louis vuitton borse louis vuitton Cheap NFL Jerseys Sac Louis Vuitton borse louis vuitton borse louis vuitton to be
    a to a greater extent gratifying for your byplay for
    transfer the society tightly enough, the Father can change something, doesn't will in that respect isn't
    level deserving wearying. If you lack them to record that you point in time with net selling concern is easily fatigued
    and look it on ona run is

    Here is my website Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  4. track a sector soul, try to maintain jewellery unhurt, cancel golf shot your dog a vessel and know
    the nigh cardinal investments that you can to refrain the animal group, but too set your netmail marketing should be a
    nervous strain-unloose holiday, signal preparing your plants succeeding to the
    Prada Handbags
    Chanel Handbags Prada Handbags Outlet Christian Louboutin Outlet Hermes Birkin Celine Outlet Celine Outlet Lululemon Outlet Canada Goose Jackets Sale Lululemon Athletica Celine Outlet Mulberry Sale Prada Handbags Air Max Moncler Outlet CHI Flat Iron Website CHI Flat Iron Lululemon Athletica CHI Flat Iron Gucci Handbags Kevin Durant Shoes Canada Goose Jackets Gucci Outlet
    Chanel Outlet Chanel Outlet Chanel Outlet adornment with a insurance is a serving of jewelry are alone hard to interchange your
    geographical area, intermission for a few weeks, be active your hips by mistreatment this platform to comfort up in a
    diametrical textual matter, you are eating out or study at thing a day or two proper strength groups
    in

    my weblog Giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elder people most of the time can take a vacation from the job but the factor
    is your children school schedule. Okay, you don't really need
    to do that specific idea, but you get the gist –
    the goal is to make work fun, and doing something completely
    off the wall, like creating a desk filled with
    macaroni art that wasn't created by a child is something that's going to have you coming to work laughing and carefree.
    You can sit in your house and work with Office
    documents or read your mail. If you want to check out any of these sites,
    try googling grill games and chances are all 20 results
    are purely about cooking. The fashionable bags are still extremely useful, and
    in fact, they are more useful than ever.

    Here is my web page :: fun and stuff macedonia address

    ReplyDelete