Thursday, May 1, 2014

New Bhutanese writers

I came across a handful of books by the Bhutanese at the Book Fair in Bajothang. I was very much surprised. Because that I’ve not heard of and read before about these books and authors. But those books are written and published by our fellow-Bhutanese, and they are there in the market for sale. More surprisingly, most of the writers are very young teachers. I’m very happy for them and have bought some of the books as personal copies. The books are: 

7 comments:

  1. So good to know that. And thank you for bringing them to our attention. We need more of such people writing books. I would like to congratulate all of them for I know how painful the whole process is. Particularly pleased that our own Sherubtsean - Bola Nath - lived up to our expectation. Kudos to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite amazing to know them comping up their own books. Thank you Nawang for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Seriously, I haven't seen and heard about those books. Thank you so much for letting us know about them. I would read them, someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please read them, it's one way to encourage each other. Have a good time there.

      Delete
  3. I have read the first one. It interestingly contains simple poems. It was a good read. And BTW I know the writer of last book Mr. Sonam Dorji. Never heard he also has a book on his name. Can't wait to explore them. Thank you Riku Sir..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do read these books. They are simply good.

      Delete
  4. I have my reading list piled up. Rikku Sir, next time when I come to Bhutan, I got to loan from you :]

    ReplyDelete