Monday, August 24, 2015

The paradise of eastern Bhutan

“Wow!”

Yes, it was the first word I uttered seeing the Rangjung Woesel Choeling Monastery. Then momentarily, I just went blank and stood there at a loss for words. In fact, I couldn’t really believe what I was seeing; it looked truly surreal and heavenly.
The monastery is perched like the Heaven’s kiss on a soft cheek of Rangjung hillock. It overlooks the Rangjung Town. I felt I was somewhere in Tibet as the monastery was built in Tibetan architectural style.

As soon as I stepped inside, I was exquisitely captivated by the colourful stupas, hostels, footsteps and monastery and soothing sound of praying. In addition, strong aroma of incense sticks, butter lamps and flowers exuded making the place sparkling and sacred.
I was greeted by the smiles of monks and nuns circumambulating the lhakhang. Instantaneously, it gave me a feeling of living paradise; that’s why I called it the paradise of eastern Bhutan. Indeed, it truly is - for I never saw, anywhere in the east, such a lovely place, monastery.
According to the website of the monastery, this beautiful monastery was founded by His Eminence Dungsey Garab Rinpoche in 1989 to provide a conducive haven for the study of Buddha dharma as expounded in the Dudjom New Treasure Lineage and carryout dharma activities for the benefits of the Buddhist community in and abroad.
It was said that the people of Rangjung and nearby villages were poor but were very religious. They wished to send their children for monastic education in India and Nepal. However, being very poor they couldn’t afford. They have incessantly requested the Rinpoche so was the monastery established, and the village children are enrolled here to study Buddhist philosophy. 

In fact, the people of eastern Bhutan are very fortunate to have the monastery in their own region. They are truly blessed! 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the up-dates...well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about this monastery but I have never been fortunate enough to get the opportunity to visit it once. After going through this post of yours, I feel I should definitely go there once. It's great that you have been there during your last visit to to Eastern Bhutan. Nice read as always. Thanks for sharing your experience, Riku!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your picture makes the place look more beautiful..... are you a writer or photographer......you are good in both actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..it really is amazing....Thanks for sharing la...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete