Thursday, April 19, 2018

Coffee and talking heart to heart


Picture: Peach blossom in Bhutan
We are having coffee in a cozy restaurant. Me and my two friends. On the mountaintops around Thimphu, there’s fresh snow falling gently. The air is prickly itchy cold and it’s quite strange to feel cold at this time of the year. But the hot coffee helps to keep me warm. And I keep sipping it more.

“It’s still cold, isn’t it?” I say, as I sip my coffee.

“It’s because we didn't have snowfall this winter,” Sonam explains.

We have already stepped into the spring season and summer is just about a month away…. yet the cold is never leaving us. Outside, it’s dark and gloomy with stinking clouds enveloping the sky. Yesterday, a kind of bizarre, heavy rain and hailstone showered on us. In fact, the Almighty above unleashed almost everything in its might, disposition – except snow. Sometimes, God is unfair!

“Think about your parents, your children, your relatives…” Sonam consoles, looking at Tashi.

“And friends too,” I chimed in happily.

“I’m glad that I’ve friends like you two,” Tashi talks, finally.

“Yeah, we’re always there for you!” Sonam and I affirm him together and Sonam goes on, “Remember that we’re always concern about you! Remember that we care for you!”

Life is a long journey - the journey that will take us to different uneventful passage - highs and lows, triumphs and troughs, love and hatred, and storms and sunny. More tellingly, the path that we walk is often fragile, tender, and vulnerable.

Sometimes we are hit by the unfortunate storms of life. And we stumble, we fall down, alas, we get bruised and broken. Some can pick themselves up, but not all. Thus, we need friends around you, no matter what.

And even spending quiet time with your friends like this over a cup of coffee and talking it out heart to heart makes you feel a little happier, less hard.
-->

5 comments:

  1. What a coincidence post. I just blogged about having coffee with a famous actor yesterday. I always appreciate true friends and they are not easy to come. I may have hundreds of friends but good friends are a handful.

    This is a real surprise that you had no snow this winter when elsewhere in the world experienced unusually heavy snow falls until Spring. I wonder how cold the temperature could reach in Bhutan during Winter season. Minus 20C??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment, Twilight Man. Keep visiting here and have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully written & powerfully expressed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written & powerfully expressed

    ReplyDelete