Tuesday, July 17, 2012

All she ever wishes

Do you love reading and everything about the book world? Do you want to spread the love of reading and literature to your children?

Let me introduce you to one of my best-loved programmes that the Department of Youth and Sports (DYS) offers. Book Time, a reading session, engages young children at the DYS library to teach them the true power of the literary world. The session also helps young children recognize the power of books, love and value them.
I’ve been working with children of Book Time for the past two weeks. And honestly, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, all along the way.

During the session, I came across a sweet little girl. Often she stood, alone, holed in a corner reading a book-presumably, delving on the pleasure of the words, story of the book. She was uncommonly alert, communicative once you got to know her. And ah, she enjoyed all sorts of literature.
In one session, I was reading out story from a book about a fairy who granted wishes. When I asked what her wish would, this little girl replied, “I want to write a book someday.” How sweet! I told her that she should. But I wonder if I conveyed how strongly I really would like to.
After the session, I left thinking about how seriously she would take this wish of her. But it gave me such pleasant joy to have known about her passion about writing a book. At very young age. And who knows…in the future or very soon, you and I would be grasping a beautiful book written by this little girl.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! This is really inspiring!
    How can we not express our gratitude to books for making us who we are.

    ReplyDelete