Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Creating a little more space

Not long ago, I wrote here about how thrilled I was to visit my friend Sonam’s apple orchard at Khasadrapchu to pluck apples there. Last Saturday, again, I visited this beautiful orchard along with my friends Pema and Sonam. This time, it’s not to pluck apples, but to nurture the orchard.

The entire noon, we weeded the orchard, and added manure and water to the plants. Like a group of peasants, we toiled in the orchard, digging and weeding. Our limbs were mud-stained; our faces profusely streaming with sweats.
Meanwhile, we whistled, in a rustic way, commanding the wind to bring us fresh air. As expected, a strong current of wind gusted around the valley. Magic works, ah, it really does! The apple plants started to bend and twist as if they were dancing to the song of the wind. As they danced, the flower petals of the plants were blown away in the air, over the valley. The bees, sucking nectars, were also brushed away. It all appeared to me so truly surreal.

Beneath a handsome tree, we lied down, talking and observing the loveliness of the countryside. We admired the lone farm road that climbs way up into a tiny settlement on mountaintop. We listened to the mysterious sound of the wind too; keenly observing its flow. We felt it deep inside, breathed it deeper. It’s very peaceful.   

We continued working. We continued talking. It’s all about our lives, our little aspirations, our ideologies, our beloved ones and families, and not so much about our works. After a while, we felt sublime, peaceful.  

However, the beauty is not that I could spend my weekend away from Thimphu, but it’s this small moment of working and sitting together with my friends in such a lovely place. I’m happy that I’m creating a little more space for them, my soul friends.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures how you treat your friends. i like it to read even more. Please keep on blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sangay for the comment. I really appreciate that you dropped by my blog. Even I would like to see you blogging.

      Delete
  2. As always. Inspiring post. It so became that I feel refreshed after reading your post. You touch deep down inside my mind and build the castle of tranquility.

    Loved reading it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, you have inspired me lots with your comment. I am really humbled. Do study well and do luck in your exams!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful one. Loved your post sir :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lekey. Do keep blogging and inspiring us.

      Delete
  4. Great one, sir. Love to read your posts. They are so captivating and inspiring one. Keep inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete