Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Of My Longingness



There's a deep longingness in me. 

Oh, sometimes I feel it aloud in my heart, reverberating like I just felt it now. 

That I should leave behind everything and go with my family to a faraway place. 

There, I would own a small house and lead a simple, quiet life. 

There, I would raise cattle and grow my own foods. 

There, I would read a lot of books and write my own stories. 

There, my wife and I would nurture my daughter well, so that she would become a good human. 

There, I would volunteer in a community school and impart my knowledge to the village children. 

This is my longingness, and ah, it's so simple!

 

7 comments:

  1. Life is short. Go towards your dream. Do what you love, and love what you do. As simple as that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Riku,

    You should do it. The rural communities need educated people like you to provide leadership. I know a teaching couple who returned from Australia and settled down to do farming.

    By the way is that photo in Longme/Rukubji?

    Bye and take care and keep safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement, sir. It's Chendibji.

      Delete
  3. And don't forget to take your camera too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The simple things that fulfill our lives :) Hi! I was going through some notes on my old phone and found your website address. I was the Korean girl who spent a day with your team in Seoul on the Film Industry Capacity Building event in 2018. Joy, remember? As a friendly reminder and to promote my youtube channel (in which I rarely upload anymore haha) https://youtu.be/Blg-9FcUFmQ <- hope you remember my face haha! I hope you are well from this crazy pandemic we're all facing.. Korea is transitioning back into normality, hopefully the world finds its way back to what we all miss. I send you love and light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to hear from you, Joy. Hope for the best. I just subscribed to your channel. You are doing amazing.

    ReplyDelete