Thursday, November 5, 2015

A kind of love

I am uploading some more pictures from my recent visit to my village in Chuzagang. You must be wondering why I frequent my village and stress on writing more and uploading pictures of my village. There isn’t any hidden agenda; it’s simply a love - a kind of love that is shared between a village and its inhabitant.

It is adequately described by an Italian writer, Cesare Pavese,

“You need a village, if only for the pleasure of leaving it. Your own village means that you're not alone, that you know there's something of you in the people and the plants and the soil, that even when you are not there it waits to welcome you.”

Figs, grow abundant in Chuzagang
This chilli resembles dalley; my dad got its seeds from Sikkim and planted in his garden
Young monk in Gelephu
The flower that resembles the colours of our national flag
Shot at early-morning sunlight

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your photos. They are vibrant and interesting especially the fresh figs! I had never seen the fresh fruits until you posted them. Here we buy imported dried ones which are so expensive like USD$6 for a small box of less than 30 dried bulbs. It is robbery price!
    I like the young monk's cute photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are amazing. Liked that cute little monk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice descriptions of the beautiful pictures that portray your beautiful village. Your sense of belonging to your community is something we can learn from you. Most of us do not like to return to our villages. Keep up the good work, Riku!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never get tired of looking at a captivating pictures you post on your blog.
    All of them are beautiful and magnificent.
    Keep posting! Smiles!

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete