Sunday, May 8, 2022

Memory Corner, Miza Books

I was at the Memory Corner, Miza Books—the first person to sit here and take a snapshot of the memory of my visit to this beautiful bookstore today. Not an invited guest, but it's by coincidence. 

It's great meeting Chador Wangmo, one of the most celebrated writers of Bhutan and the owner of the bookstore, and her hubby and talking nonstop about books, reading, writing, book business, pursuing one's passion, our families, Bhutanese value system, the purpose of life, and the list goes on. 

"We writers are wired differently," that's what we have concluded at the end of our conversation. That's why we do what we do. And we are what we are.

I first met Chador Wangmo in 2012, if I remember the year correctly, and she is one person who encouraged me to write and publish books then. That time she had already published several children's books and I was not ready to publish a book. 

I am glad that people like Chador Wangmo exists; she makes me feel that there's one more people like me who is wired differently and that I am not alone in this world. And I missed Ngawang Phuntsho, PaSsu, Monu Tamang, Kinzang Tshering, and Ugyen Gyeltshen in our conversation. 

Over a cup of coffee, it's simply amazing to hear her beautiful struggles, her literary endeavors, her imaginations, her aspirations, her exciting new projects, and her undying love for words. I am so excited every time when I come across any individuals who pursue their passion so passionately. They appear to be courageous and genuine, simply doing what makes them happy and empowered everyday. 

We walked around bookshelves, browsing each classification, picking up the books that we read and familiar with, and talking about the books on the shelves. Both of us have read many of the authors on the shelves. I am impressed by the new arrival of books at the bookshop, and I must say that Miza Books has got the best collection of books in town now. 

I have bought two books: 'A Man Called Ove' and 'From Little Tokyo, With Love'. I wish I could buy more, but that's what I could afford now. 

Thank you for your time and tea la, madam Chador and Ghalley sir. 

Best wishes, Miza Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment